The social marketing planning process is a central component of the B324 Marketing and society module.
There is a diagram on page 26 of the B324 Block 1 course book.
- Internal & external appraisal using PEST
- Who? – Expectations, objectives, interests
- Power/Interest matrix
- See Chapter 7 of Hastings & Domegan, 2014.
Harm Chain Analysis
- See Figure 4.3 in Hastings & Domegan, 2014.
Segmentation & Targeting
- Demographics, geographics, lifestyle, etc.
- In terms of behavioural change
- SMART – may be long-term
- Social marketing ‘Product’ (i.e. core benefit, see Section 2.4 of Block 1)
- Price, Place, Promotion
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Impact evaluation (intended/unintended)
- Summative evaluation (lessons learnt)
- On-going process evaluation using market research