- Are the goals too specific?
- Are the goals too challenging?
- Have the goals been agreed by those who will be expected to achieve them?
- Is the time horizon appropriate?
- How might the goals affect risk-taking?
- How might the goals result in unethical behaviour?
- Can the goals be tailored for individuals while remaining fair to all?
- Will the goals have an influence on organisational culture?
- Will individuals be intrinsically motivated?
- Given the organisational objectives, are learning goals more appropriate than performance goals?
(Source: Academy of Management Perspectives, 2009, cited in B325, Organizational Collaboration).