- Prepare (and if necessary agree on) an agenda.
- Think about the sensible grouping and ordering of agenda items and how they should be handled.
- Ask relevant people to introduce agenda items.
- Get additional briefing or information for items where necessary.
- Read papers.
- Allocate rough times to agenda items.
- Anticipate likely areas of conflict or difficulty.
- Think about who is coming and their likely reactions to various items.
- Make sure you are familiar with any rules, procedures and standing orders.
(Source: B628, Managing and managing people).